Protein is very essential to us especially when we are going through the fitness goals. It plays an important role in the formation of cells and tissues. Without proper protein, no food can be considered as a complete meal for muscles growth and we cannot even fulfil our daily diet. Several nutrients are present in excessive amounts in Protein shakes and protein Food. It also contains carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, sulphur and phosphorus. According to the World Health Organization, human beings require a gram protein per kg of weight per kilogram i.e. if weight is 50 kg then 50 grams of protein is a minimum need on a daily basis.
A lot of people especially the gym goers always ask about the difference in consuming protein food or shakes. which is beneficial and which one would endow the effective aftermaths.
Today, we will navigate you through the various aspects, benefits and differences of consuming protein food and shakes
A protein shake is prepared with protein powder in combination with milk or water and other ingredients, and it is consumed after a workout or in place of food. It is traditionally useful for bodybuilders, but protein shake is popular in all types of people to increase exercise and diet goals along with muscle building. By the way, protein is found in vegetarians and non-vegetarian things both, but if you cannot take a diet containing protein, then the best way is to take a protein shake and complete its deficiency. Protein powder used in protein often comes from soya etc.
How Shakes Affects Your Body
Protein Food Vs. Shakes
- Protein shake provides energy faster than a diet rich in protein. The faster the protein will reach your body after the exercise, the sooner it will provide the effects. If you drink a protein shake in post workout, it starts showing its effect in 30 to 40 minutes.
- On the other hand, proteins found in the diet show their effect after about an hour.
- Protein Shake for Weight Loss – If you talk about the advantages of protein shake, the best advantage is that it is very effective in reducing weight. Women who want to lose weight should regularly consume a protein shake. In many studies, it has proved that you can reduce your weight easily by consuming a protein shake. In a study conducted by many researchers, it has been found that people taking protein shakes look more muscular than people who get protein diet from foods.
- A protein shake is used as a replacement for food, protein shakes are able to control your fat and calorie intake, which is beneficial for managing weight. It is a big problem for many people to control the food part. But consumption of protein powder has calories, fat, protein and carbohydrate which controls the portion of the food.
- The Benefits of Protein Shake are for Muscle Building – Protein shake intake is very important for people who regularly go to the gym or workouts. In fact, when you do a lot of exercises, it breaks down your muscle tissues. To fill and fix this, it is important to use proteins. Therefore, it is important to consume a protein shake after the gym instead of protein food. When you exercise, whether it is with resistance training or not, protein shakes help in developing muscle tissues and in the process of reconstruction.
- Consume protein shake, strengthen the immune system- Protein shake protects against many dangerous diseases. Because of lifestyle, not everyone is able to pay attention to drinking water, which leads to a lack of protein in their body. The deficiency of protein cannot be fulfilled by eating protein food all day as food carries very less amount of protein. Due to this, there is a risk of heart disease, kidney related diseases. In such a way, this shake caters to the lack of protein in your body. Apart from this, protein shake helps in keeping our disease resistant capacity strong.
“If you are eating six times per day, use protein powder as a supplement for two, or maybe even three, of those meals. Powders are more readily absorbed than foods such as chicken and beef, ultimately influencing the number of intact amino acids available for muscles. Easy access to protein without the fuss and fight of extra digestion improves your chance of growth.”
By adding in a couple of whey protein shakes along with natural protein sources, you can get the calories you need without force-feeding yourself. This also maximizes convenience, allowing you to use whey protein in place of eating.